November 11, 2009

Croquettes rice with grinded beef


To make a meal for my son (1,5 y) is a tricky job. Sometimes he run away when he saw me hold a spoon. But when I use my hand to feed him, he want to eat. So when I saw this recipe, I really want to make it, because I can hold the food by my hand. This recipe I’ve got from kid’s meal book which has the title Hidangan Batita Sehat dan Favorit 1-3 tahun and the author is Wied Harry Apriadji. So, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

· 50 gr rice

· 175 ml water

· ¼ tsp grated turmeric

· ¼ tsp salt

· 1 tbsp wheat flour

· 2 cloves red onion, slice

· 2 cloves garlic, slice

· 50 gr yellow onion, slice

· 100 gr grinded beef

· 50 gr stringbean, cut into very small pieces

· ½ tsp sugar

· ½ tsp salt

· 3 tbsp water

· 25 gr grated cheddar cheese

· (I added carrot for the veggies, but I don’t know the measurement. Just use my feeling)

Coated:

· 50 gr wheat flour

· 1 egg, beat

· 50 gr bread crump

Directions (I made it with my modification):

1. Put the rice, water, grinded turmeric , and salt into magic jar. Turn it on. Until it cooked well, add the what flour, beat.

2. Stir fry the onion, garlic, and yellow onion. Add the meat, string bean and carrot, beat. Add the sugar, salt, and water, beat again until the veggies cooked well.

3. Add the veggies and cheddar into the rice.

4. Mould the rice with ball shape mould or another shape (you can mould it with your hand). Rolled it to the wheat flour, beaten egg and then to bread crump.

5. Store it in the refrigerator for one hour (or max 10 hours)

6. I made it in the night, so in the morning I just fry it. It is really save my time ;p



2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I think I'll try this recipe! The baby in the picture up top is absolutely ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angi.. trust me, it's yummy for sure. You must try it ;D

    Btw, that boy is my son. I took this picture when he was 1 y.o (6 months ago)..

    ReplyDelete